The Southwark and Deptford Circuit exists to enable, support and challenge local churches to:
- Increase the awareness of God’s love and presence
- Help people grow
- Encourage community interaction and engage in responding to its needs and challenges
- Challenge injustice and promote diversity.
In order to do this, we will:
Enable local churches to:
- Explore different worship opportunities
- Maintain regular patterns of worship (plan)
- Grow into the people that God intended us to be (grace and holiness)
- Discuss mission and actively contribute to local church and faith mission.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate effective use of resources, both ministerial and communal.
- Promote training.
Support local churches through:
- Prayer and worship
- The allocation of a designated Circuit steward
- The co-ordination of resources.
- Provision of opportunities.
- Exploration of opportunities for external funding.
Challenge local churches to:
- Deliver the Circuit policy through effective planning, setting and evaluating realistic targets.
- Promote equitable use of its resources.
- Allow their resources to be used in effective ministry throughout the Circuit.
- Ensure that targets are achieved.